DOUBLETREE HOTEL Reading, Pennsylvania
The HVAC systems are vertical stacked water source heat pumps for the guest rooms. There are energy recovery units that deliver pre-conditioned air to the rooms and corridors. The ballrooms and meeting rooms are serviced by rooftop VAV units. The restaurant, office lobby and remainder of the spaces are serviced by horizontal concealed water source heat pumps with energy recovery units for make-up air. The pool is conditioned by a pool dehumidification unit that rejects heat to the pool water when needed.
The boilers are high-efficiency gas condensing boilers. All pump motors are controlled with a variable frequency drive for energy savings. The controls are all web-based DDC and are integrated with the hotel operating system. Because this building is considered a high-rise building, a smoke control system was required to pressurize the stairtowers.
The Plumbing system consists of all low-flow fixtures and central high-efficiency gas condensing water heaters. The hot water circulation system is continuous and circulated for instantaneous hot water on demand. A constant pressure building booster pump was required to assure adequate water pressure. The building is fully sprinklered.
The electrical design required close coordination with the architect and interior designer for all of the specialty lighting required. There is a lighting control system for ballrooms, meeting rooms and all areas of the lighting can be scheduled.
- Location: Reading, PA
- Completed: December 2015
- Square Footage: 200,000 sf
- Total Construction Cost: $60,000,000
- Total M/E Const. Cost: $18,000,000
- Architects: Olsen Design Group
- CM: Wholsen Construction
- Special Features
- Water Source heat pumps with energy recovery
- Hi-Efficient Rooftop VAV HVAC system
- Gas-Fired Condensing Boilers
- Variable Frequency Drives
- ECM motors
- Pool De-Humidification Unit
- Stair Pressurization System
- Web-based DDC controls
- High-efficient condensing water heaters
- Continuous domestic hot water circulation loop
- Constant pressure domestic water pump
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures